Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Self-deprecation

In Order: Most Annoying to Least Annoying



Negative Nancys:
Everyone knows a person who has something bad to say about everything and everyone; as Saturday Night Live says, a Negative Nancy.  I, personally, find these people to be the most frustrating people to be around. Sometimes they get on my nerves so bad  to the point I want to grab them and violently shake them until happiness flows from there face- but I can’t because that is impossible.

Texting…:
Most of the time its hard to comprehend peoples crazy questionable abbreviation to quicken texting, like “this is awk rn ill tlk to u tn”. Once you get the basics it actually does save a lot of time but nothing bothers me more than people who do not remove letters, but replace them- for example “sowwy” instead of “sorry” and “wiff” instead of “with”. They contain the same amount of letters, therefore taking the same amount of time to type. So there is no point.


Dumb Drivers:
Being newly licensed, I have very little experience on the road and I make mistakes- like blatantly cutting people off or scaring people half to death because i’m driving on the left side of the road- but if I do so I’ll give someone an apologetic wave before I go along. Nothing bothers me more than people on the road who cannot drive decent to save their life. Everyone would agree that putting your blinker on after you have already stopped is pointless, tailgating is rude, and texting while driving is DUMB- what really grinds my gears is when that person looks at you and looks away… No acknowledgement that that person’s distractions and stupidity made me uncomfortable and quite frustrated. Not even a wave. I understand we all make mistakes, but come on,  show you have some remorse.
Temporary Vegetarians:
Being a liberal vegetarian, it comes up in topic more than I want sometimes... other people tell me about their lifestyle choice- either being vegan, vegetarian, or a proud carnivore. On occasion ( I think a total of three times in my life) people tell me they are a vegetarian “in the summer” or “until they see a hot dog”. These people leave me dumbfounded.

No comments:

Post a Comment